Friday, May 30, 2014

Hardcover Books

Hardcover Books
By: Trevor


My Experience

My hardcover was about a hunting trip gone wrong. It was hard at first to get ideas, but once I got the introduction done my ideals started rolling and my book became really good. Then when I was finished with my story we had to print the story on special paper. Then when I was done printing, I had to make the pictures for the book and that when it got pretty hard. I’m not a good drawer so it was hard for me because these pictures were going in my book and I wanted them to a the least look good. After I finished my pictures I thought to myself,” that wasn’t that hard to draw those pictures. My book came out very good. The hardcover book project was really fun to me.

Class Experience

Our teacher gave us around one and half weeks to make our hardcover books. For some people that was a problem some people did a lot of poems and other people did some super long stories. The whole class did the hardcover books so at writing time everyone was doing something, some people were on their pictures and other people might  be on writing their intro.   You always had something to do in writing with our hardcover books. You could  be printing your book or writing or making Illustrations. I think our class really liked the hardcover books. I know that I would want to do that again.


Teacher Note: This project was made possible through Student Treasures. I will admit I was unsure at first and that it seemed too good to be true. This is our second year creating the books, and the kids really do get to become published authors at no cost to the family or district.

No comments:

Post a Comment