Monday, June 2, 2014

Band

Band
By: Katelyn

This year I have really enjoyed band. I had always wanted to do it  when I was younger. I know that ever since I heard that the saxophone was in the school band, I was so excited. I’ve always wanted to do it, the first time I found out about the saxaphone. When I got to 5th grade, I knew the instrument I wanted to do right away. The saxophone!!

The saxophone is one of the loudest instruments. It has a very interesting sound. this year I have been doing pretty well at this instrument, because every other day all of the students that do band, go up to the band room, and we all practice songs for the concerts. It’s lots of work. 

I’ll never forget the time we all groaned at learning one of our songs, but at the end of the class, we were really good at the song. The music teacher never gives up on us, so we get better and better every time 

We also have lessons individually. For this we also go up to the band room. When we get up there we put our instrument together and get ready for the band teacher to help you. We have music books that teach us the new things we need to know in reading music, such as slurs and accents. There are so many other things that we have learned or still need to learn. It’s like almost anything, you have to practice. In band we practice a lot. In the band room all together, and individually in the band room. Also at home. With all of this practice we are required to do, we can get to be the best at all of our instruments that we signed up to do.

I have had so much fun doing band this year. I know that I’m going to  it next year as well. Maybe I’ll have even more fun next year when I do.

Teacher Note: Thank you to our fabulous band directors for instilling such a love of music in so many of my students this year. Tracey McGinnis and Dana Erato are wonderful with the kids and with the program they run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment