Thursday, May 15, 2014

Historical Fiction Book Club

Historical Fiction Book Club
By: Sara

When I did Historical Fiction book club, I was EXCITED by the book I was reading. I was doing “Sadako and the thousand paper cranes” by Eleanor Coerr. It’s a story  about how Sadako got leukemia, her family was scared, mostly her mother. Every day, she made a paper crane to get better from leukemia. After school, her brother brings her homework while she at the hospital.   She meets Kenji, an orphan boy who has leukemia too. They meet every day and then Kenji dies before they meet by the window. We meet every Tuesday and Thursdays for book club. Every night, you do a chapter or more. Then, you write some jots you want to talk about for your next meeting.  


TEACHERS NOTE: This unit was developed as part of the Teacher's College Reading & Writing Project through Columbia University. The resources my teaching team and I developed for this unit can be found in this Google folder

No comments:

Post a Comment