Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pickles Projects

Ketchup and Pickles
By: Jon

In the past year I have done some pretty fun things.Yet the most fun thing had to be Ketchup and Pickles in writing class. Sometimes we got to write something that is completely for fun. In case you don’t know Ketchup and Pickles is on Fridays when we catch up on work or do free writing.


In the first quarter, we were aloud to write anything from Comics to Sci-Fi to Folklore. I chose to write a LOT of comics. During second and third quarter, we had a “bingo sheet”. We had to pick five squares in a row and write the assignments. It was slightly less fun, yet still good. In this quarter, I don't know what were doing, but I’m sure to find out soon (I’m hoping to draw more comics) .


Pickles was truly one of the best things to do in writing class on Fridays. Because there were a whole lot of choices in the units, it made writing a blast. 

If you would like to see an example of a Pickles project click below to learn more about the video game portal. I had a bunch ‘o’ fun doing Pickles this year.

Teacher Note: This idea was adapted from an idea I saw online. Thank you to Amanda Northrup for sharing your Bingo Boards online for options for my students. Click Here for access to the boards I used with my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment