Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Y is for Youthful

Youthful
By: Mr. Posick

It was an honor to have Mrs. Iwanski ask me to contribute to her class blog.  Now I am no longer a 5th grader, but I do remember being a 5th grader and the one thing that comes to mind is “youthful”.  That’s nearly 40 years ago, but I remember never thinking I would grow old.  Well I have, but I know in being with our 5th graders nearly every day that being youthful is so important to them.  I guess I equate youthful with the following words- active, inquisitive, curious, energetic.  Don’t these words describe the 5th graders that you know?

Now the next step for schools and families is to foster the youthfulness of our 5th graders.  Allow them to be active.   Allow them to be inquisitive.  Allow them to be curious.  Allow them to be energetic.  We must allow all of these to occur both in their learning and in their life.  Although I’m not a 5th grader any more, I do remember being youthful and I sure hope that we allow our 5th graders to stay youthful for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment