Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for Instructions for Softball

Instructions for Softball
I put on a helmet....pick up a bat
and step up to the plate
brush my shoes and tap
my bat on the dirt


I hit the ball and run to
first base and my dad says
“GO BAILEY RUN RUN RUN” I always
try to go around the base
and avoid the tagger by running
really fast too
I run to second base


I see the ball come towards the base
I slow down but then i think to myself
come on Bailey you can do it
believe in yourself always be positive

I run to third here comes
the tagger comes around the base, 
I make it to third base and at the base
I do a slow move then I run and do a V-cut


I slide to home base
and make a HOME RUN
my first home run eva
my tricks are amazing right?


You always try to avoid, by
running fast, and make V-cuts
to cut people off, when your
in the outfield...the softballs
are hard so keep the glove in
front of your head


It hurts if you get hit
in the face and have a glove that
fits good or else during the
game it might get
uncomfortable


Thats how its done people
and I almost forgot make
sure you have a bat that is
your waist height


GOOD LUCK!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your love of softball, Bailey. When I was younger it was one of my favorite sports to play with my friends. Good luck on your season this summer.
    Mr. Posick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Softball is such a fun game to play. And there's so much to be said for being part of a team too.

    M. J. Joachim

    A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches




    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed watching my sons and now my Grand-kids play softball. I didn't know that the perfect length of the bat is your waist height! Good to know!
    :-)
    Mrs. Clague

    ReplyDelete